2006/01/18

Skyler Is a Music Snob

My buddy Skyler at school is a metalhead music snob. He actually said that Evanescence sucks (sacrelidge!). As rediculous as that is, some good came of it. He recommended to me a band called Lacuna Coil. I guess he thinks any rock band with a chick singer is comparable. Beyond that one similarity, they're not really much the same. The girl's voice isn't half of what Amy Lee's is. They are still a very good band, though. I highly recommend them.I burned up a disc and put it in the CD player on the way to school last night, and my part-time chaufer and I started talking about obscure bands. He told me there's a band called Skindred that's, like, Jamaican metal. Well, they're from Whales, but they're kinda like regae metal. According to Wikipedia they founded a whole new genre called ragga metal. Ragga is short for raggamuffin music which is a variety of dancehall regae. I haven't listened to them yet, but it sure as hell sounds interesting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

Wow...a double post AND a broken link? Rodknee, I'm used to better form from you. Oh, and by the way, since when did whales start making raggae music? I don't think their gutteral utterings would make for good lyrics.

1/20/2006 6:34 PM  
Blogger repeter said...

Broken link? What? Where?

1/20/2006 9:22 PM  
Blogger Mr. Greene (and His Orchestra) said...

The link to your picture was not working, but now it is...I don't know what the deal was.

1/21/2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home