2005/07/12

Future Shock Level 4

I think lately I've been stepping past some of my readers' Future Shock Levels. I've been stepping past my own future shock level. I've been reading about some ideas that are new and pretty exciting to me. I now condsider myself to be at SL4 now. I'll hilight the ideas listed under SL4 that I didn't know about until the past week or two:

SL4: The Singularity, Jupiter Brains, Powers, complete mental revision, ultraintelligence, posthumanity, Alpha-Point computing, Apotheosis, the total evaporation of "life as we know it." Singularitarians and not much else.


I still haven't found a definition of Powers, but if it is what I think it is, its very Asimovian and definitely not a new idea to me. Apotheosis is basically just putting a new word on another old idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home