2005/06/18

I Don't Know What to Call This Post

I usually try to come up with something clever, but my head hurts. Now that I've gotten Lori hooked on the Aibo, here's another link. Probably a little more interesting to me than anyone else, though. Sony seems to have given a bunch of Aibos curiosity and boredom. They call the new system a 'metabrain'. Basically, its an open-ended learning system. In the experiment trials, unprogrammed Aibos in a pen with a ball went from wiggling limbs, to crawling, then hitting and flollowing the ball. These things are hard enough to program, but these machines have figured it out on their own. How can you say that's not intelligence?

In case any of you have been browsing the web on your PSPs, I think this mobile version of Google would be perfect for it. Its intended more for searching the web on a cell phone. I dunno, the PSP has such a nice screen it might not even need specially formatted web pages.

This promises to be interesting. Apparently this guy's got all kinds of cool stuff on his site, but you have to deserve it to see it. If you can't figure out the first one, do the world network a favor and unplug your ethernet cable or turn off your antenna.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Okay, for the record, I looked at that riddle site or whatever, and couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Read between the lines, yada yada yada...So anyway, I googled the answer, and it's not something an average person would figure out.

6/18/2005 6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home