2005/05/13

Asking Girls Out Makes My Tummy Hurt

I make a lot of thing in my life harder than they need to be. I twist my stomach into knots, turn bright red at least twice, puss out, unsuccessfully try to calm down, go back, and manage to ask the girl out with an audience. After all that she has to close tonight. I did find it amusing that the audience (the other girl working there), was helping me. Any time she said, "I have to close tonight," the other girl said, "Which isn't that late!". Yeah, so she's got finals all next week too, so I left her my phone number. I'm not feeling too hopeful, but she did at least make sure she could read the number. Maybe that's a hint of good intentions.

On a lighter note, I got a raise that I'm not supposed to know about until tomorrow morning when I go in for my review. The highest possible would be a quarter, and I unfortunately don't think it'll be that much.

Also on a positive note, I went ahead and bought the materials for the Jedi robe even before reading any comments I might have gotten on the last post. The Wally World is closer to work than home, so I saved a bit of gas and just went right after work. Total cost = $18.58. The cheaper robe online didn't look to bad, but I think the fun of actually making it outweighs the cheapness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

OOooooohhh... Rodney's got a girlfriend.... is it the pretzel girl? How cute! Congrats on the raise.

5/13/2005 5:48 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

Way to go. It is hard stuff. I'm surprised and glad you went through with it.

5/14/2005 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home