2005/04/30

Not Enough Toys

I need more technology to play with. People giving me old monitors that aren't flat panels helps nothing. Lets count how many monitors I have, shall we?
One, ah ah ah! Two, ah ah ah! Three, ah ah ah! Four, ah ah ah! Five, ah ah ah! Five! Five monitors!

Thanks, The Count. That's right, I've got five monitors. I don't even have room for these things. I do still love my 17' flat screen, but my laptop's got that whole built-in monitor thing, so I don't get much use out of it. As soon as I have a free power outlet, I'll get back into that whole dual-monitor thing that I love so very very much.

What I'd really like right now is a new job so I could afford new toys, and a bigger place to keep my shiny new electrical things. Actually, a bigger place would be cheaper. My rent is way too high. I need the kind of job where I can fix things, or put things together. I've realized that I never have as much fun as when I'm fixing or building something. It makes me think not graduating from Mines isn't as bad as I thought. Like in the essay "Hackers and Painters", I can get a "day job" and hacking (programming) can be my hobby. (You should also read Paul Graham's "Why Nerds Are Unpopular".)

Well, this post seems to be completely unstructured and about nothing in particular. That's fun. I'ma try to make a router now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home